js-shield

Re: Security audit

From: Giorgio Maone
Subject: Re: Security audit
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 17:39:46 +0100

Hi Libor,

On 27/01/22 08:44, Libor Polčák wrote:

Please, if you did not receive an invitation to the chat and want to be a part of the audit, let me know. If you received an invitation, please, register.

I did receive it yesterday and I was a bit puzzled about it out of the blue, thinking of some phishing attempt, but I've registered today after reading this message :)

Do we have any design aspects or code that is particularly important for the evaluation?

I see some topics that might be important:

1. Code injection by the NSCL library. But AFAIK the NSCL is also a NLNet project so it will have a separate review. If this is so, we can also merge the two audits. Giorgio, what do you think?

That sounds reasonable, but I'm gonna wrap up my own NoScript/NSCL NLNet project the 2nd week of February, therefore if that happens I'd prefer to be from the 21th on.

Cheers

--
Giorgio Maone
https://maone.net