js-shield

Let's move to JShelter

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: Let's move to JShelter
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 16:10:58 +0100

Hello all,

We were blocked on the JShleter move because I was not an admin of any of the
two repositories on
Pagure. Me and Michael decided that we should go ahead and use a namespace on
pagure with capital J.
So we have a new repository:

https://pagure.io/JShelter/webextension

I added several people that are active in the project:

Me - main admin
Michael - admin
Giorgio - admin
Ana - collaborator
Ricardo - collaborator
Martin - collaborator
Marek - collaborator

Admins should be able to change anything in the repository, add or demote
developers and so on. 3
admins should be enogh to take care of the project if there is any emergency.

Collaborators can push changes only to the branches starting web*,devel*,fix*.
Martin can
additionally push changes to branches starting test*. All should be able to
create, close
issues/tickets. I think that these should be enough for the project to work but
if you feel like you
want additional permissions, please, let me know.

Let us keep this settings for the start and if it does not work, let's adapt.

You will need your local git pointing to the correct repository:

When you run:

$ git remote  -v

You should see something like:

pagure  ssh://git@pagure.io/JS-Shield/JS-Shield.git (fetch)
pagure  ssh://git@pagure.io/JS-Shield/JS-Shield.git (push)

Or more likely:

origin  ssh://git@pagure.io/JS-Shield/JS-Shield.git (fetch)
origin  ssh://git@pagure.io/JS-Shield/JS-Shield.git (push)

Change the URL, replace pagure with the name shown in the first column above:

$ git remote set-url pagure ssh://git@pagure.io/JShelter/webextension.git

You can check if everything went OK:

$ git remote  -v

I propagated the following branches:

master -> main
devel0.6 -> devel0.6
devel0.6_tests -> devel0.6_tests
lang-menu -> weblang-menu
newui -> devel_newui

Please, let me know if you need additional branches or push as you feel right.

If you would like to push something to main, please, create a Pull request.

See https://github.com/polcak/jsrestrictor/pull/137 for the tasks connected to
rebranding. I hope
that we will be able to finish 0.7 as JShleter with the new GUI soon.

Does it make sense to have one repository for both the extension and the web?
We often add images
to blog posts so I think that it makes sense to split the extension and website
repository.

Should we keep this mailing list or should we move to JShelter?

Best wishes

Libor