js-shield

Re: accessibility review for the website

From: Ana Isabel Carvalho
Subject: Re: accessibility review for the website
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 12:08:52 +0000

We completed the accessibility checklist, including adding dark theme CSS, for the website.

Hello Ana,

Please, can you share the link to the accessibility checklist?

yes!

We followed along the a11y project checklist:
https://www.a11yproject.com/checklist/

This checklist covers WCAG requirements for
> Ideal Support, required for multiple government and public body websites.

Dark theme support is not on the above list; we also checked for accessible color contrast in the dark theme.

The email on accessibility, from NGI zero project, also points out good resources that go beyond design/implementation, like writing guidelines:

  * W3C (Strategies, standards, resources to make the Web accessible to people with disabilities) https://www.w3.org/WAI/   * Get Resources for Content Writers https://www.w3.org/WAI/roles/writers/   * Tips for Getting Started Designing for Web Accessibility https://www.w3.org/WAI/tips/designing/   * Web Accessibility Tutorials for Developers https://www.w3.org/WAI/tutorials/

Cheers,

a&r

I think we're ready to ask NLnet for the accessibility review regarding this part.

We had placed the JShelter extension icons in this folder:
- JS-Shield/logos_images/jshelter_icons_chrome/
- JS-Shield/logos_images/jshelter_icons_firefox/

But we can move it to where it should be,
which we guess it's this other folder: JS-Shield/common/img/
?

We're really happy to see it all come together and so much bug fixing! Great work.

Have a good weekend,

a&r