js-shield

Design Meeting 20220107

From: Michael McMahon
Subject: Design Meeting 20220107
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 11:40:29 -0500

- Accessibility review
  - Scheduling months in advance so we should reach out now.
  - Mondays and Friday afternoons work best for Ricardo.
- Website
  - Any issues with the site?
  - Adding a development page would be nice.
  - Planned for the makefile.
- i18n
  - Does the website have multiple language support?
  - We have support on the backend, but not the frontend yet.
  - Manual translations are best, but how do we feel about automated translations?  Automated translations are possible with argos-translate. https://github.com/argosopentech/argos-translate  Let's start with Portugese so we can verify.  At the very least it can act as a starting point.
- Theming the option page
  - Theming the CSS for the option page to match the website is on the list of things to do.
- Dark theme
  - A dark theme is available in the CSS for the webpage.
- Test page
  - Do we need to theme the test page?  Not yet.
  - Someone is working on integrating the new test page into the website. Scheduled to land in a couple months.
- Rebranding
  - Michael will reach out to Ruben about the JShelter repo access rights.