jessie-discuss

Re: [Jessie-discuss] Re: MacException when connecting - getting closer

From: Martin Egholm Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Jessie-discuss] Re: MacException when connecting - getting closer
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:24:23 +0200

Back again,

However, something is going wrong somewhere.
After the socket gets connected I try to read from it - expecting to get the "GET" request. But no luck... With both Opera and IE the fault is another. On the serverside, I'm thrown a MacException:
--- 8< ---
Just tried with CVS head versions of both gnu-crypto and jessie - still no luck...
Next, I'll try with jessie 0.9.7 to see if there's any luck there...
Not exactly! :-)
However, the error is of a different nature now: As opposed to before (Jessie 1.0.0/CVS + gnu-crypto 2.0.1/CVS), now IE prompts me with the certificate, where as Mozilla doesn't - it was quite the opposite before. I haven't tried this code with GCJ yet, but I suspect the result will be the same... But nevertheless, I get an exception on my server before I can get to say "yes" to the prompted certificate:

Accepting...
Accepted!
java.io.EOFException: unexpected end of input stream
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.ContentType.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.RecordInput.readRecord(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.RecordInput.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.RecordInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.SSLSocketInputStream.read(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)
        at test.Test1.main(Test1.java:104)
Exception in thread "main"

I'm beginning to wonder if my 10 lines of code needs a sanity check - anybody (Casey?)?

(I only had to pull some gnu/**/Engine.java in order to get it to work outside Classpath/GCJ - don't hope there was more to it...)

BR,
 Martin Egholm