jbackpack-discussion

Re: [Jbackpack-discussion] How to schedule automatic backups?

From: Ed Bolson
Subject: Re: [Jbackpack-discussion] How to schedule automatic backups?
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:42:33 -0700

I've asked this before without result.  There is no way with the current code structure to schedule JBackpack to run automatically.
HOWEVER, I am just running rdiff_backup as a cron job with the same sources and targets that I have set up with JBackpack.  I did the first (full) backup with JBackpack to set up the profile and special folder JBackpack uses.
When JBackpack is then run with the same profile, and the Restore tab is displayed, it will update it's database of incremental backups (can be time consuming) for restoration.

I looked at the code and adding automation or command line activation for JBackpack functions appeared to be a non-starter. All function is very integrated with the GUI.