janosik-devel

[Janosik-devel] lustrous

From: Monica Ingram
Subject: [Janosik-devel] lustrous
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 13:23:04 -0700

Myra Pringle is going to enter society in the fall.
IfI ever marry, I hope it will be to a girl like Desire.
Today I follow the beach, first eastward, then gradually to the south. The man didnt talk a greatdeal, but he looked at Elizabeth very often. She liked his crinkly hazeleyes and his crinkly brown hair and his square chin and his smile.
Now she has claimed him: he is happily lostforever. I am, as formerly, the only white man on the island.
During the feast Frisbie and Desire were officiallymarried. He didnt look like heridea of a gypsy but of course she had never seen one.
Of course, Im really a bittired of living in a trunk, but Ive loved it here .
There is William theHeathen folded on my woodbox, his head between his bony knees.
Here thebarrier reef is close to the beach, forming a point sharper than a rightangle.
She has got a position as private secretary to aglobe-trotting M.
It soars over the highest coconut trees to land in the shorebush. Dont you ever dare to be Lizzie, no matter what happens, Isaid.
Then, said Elizabeth triumphantly, Id like some ice-cream withstrawberry jam on it. Isuppose this is the last one I will write you for a long, longtime.
I am, as formerly, the only white man on the island. Flying Cloud is the summer home of our GeneralManager. Islands like this didnt happen except in Tomorrow.
I think Ill be Betty all the time now, darling Miss Shirley,were Elizabeths last words.
Now and then I pass adeserted hut, and taro beds bordered by banana plants and gardenia bushes.
Thats the way with the Puka-Pukan toddlers.
The rusty iron sometimes makes them bear. MANOWAR HAWK: another of Pios fraternity namesMR.
There is William theHeathen folded on my woodbox, his head between his bony knees.
All those trees to the right are bearing nuts, and all the treesto the left are barren. Abraham could commandthe east wind, Blow from the north! Annes eyes were misty as she folded the letter up.
Somebody with a white cap onwas just going out of the door. The next six years were wonderfully happy ones for both of them. Really, things behaved ratherqueerly in Tomorrow.
Andshall I ever have a room again from which I can see both the risingand the setting sun? DEAREST:Ive come to another bend in the road.