jami

[Jami] PGP key expires in 3 days: 0x518C8BD787242DE4 (it can be extended

From: Paul Fawkesley
Subject: [Jami] PGP key expires in 3 days: 0x518C8BD787242DE4 (it can be extended)
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 11:34:58 +0000

Hi! This email was sent by a friendly robot called Expirybot.

This is a reminder that your PGP key expires on Tuesday 18 June 2019.

fingerprint: 5FA8 5875 65DE 95D1 8FD3  8E3E 518C 8BD7 8724 2DE4
long key id: 0x518C8BD787242DE4

Here's how the key looks in my keyserver, which is part of the public pool:

https://www.expirybot.com/key/0x5FA8587565DE95D18FD38E3E518C8BD787242DE4/

## 1. Extend your key expiry date ##

If you're still using the key, you can extend the key's expiry date.

You don't need to create a new key.

We've written a few short guides with screenshots for different software:

* GPG Suite / GPG Keychain (macOS):
  https://www.paulfurley.com/extend-pgp-key-expiry-with-gpg-suite-gpg-keychain

* Enigmail (Thunderbird plugin):
  https://www.paulfurley.com/extend-pgp-key-expiry-with-enigmail-thunderbird

* GnuPG (command-line):
  https://www.paulfurley.com/extend-pgp-key-expiry-with-gpg

* Fluidkeys (command-line, works with GnuPG, see disclaimer):
  https://www.fluidkeys.com/docs/extend-your-key-from-gpg/

[disclaimer: we build Fluidkeys, it's open source & hosting is free for
individuals]

## 2. Upload your public key to the keyservers ##

Once you've extended the key's expiry, remember to upload it to the keyservers
so your contacts can download it.

## 3. Remind your contacts to download your updated key ##

Your contacts will need to download your updated key from the keyservers. Some
software does this automatically.

If a contact says your key has expired, it's probably because they haven't got
your updated key.

## 4. Opt out if you never want to hear from us again! ##

We hope this email has been helpful. If this feels like spam, we're sorry :(

You can stop *all* Expirybot emails to address@hidden:

- ---

Expirybot is a free public-good service run by Paul Fawkesley and Ian Drysdale.

We're on a mission to make strong encryption simple.

- - Paul & Ian

Paul Fawkesley
@address@hidden
address@hidden