jami

Re: [Ring] Security issues

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Ring] Security issues
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 21:28:06 -0400

Simon Désaulniers <address@hidden> writes:

> Regarding the effect of OTR, Axolotl on PFS asked on the stackexchange post, I
> have precised in an answer~[1] something that I thought unclear.

Thanks for the followup.   In terms of practical attacks, I think the
point of per-message PFS vs longer-term PFS is not critical, as long as
the time period that a key is maintained is relatively bounded.

One thing that would be good to expand on is, assuming ring supports
some sort of SMS-like service, how that works in terms of the
combination of PFS and the other user being offline.   Lacking a server,
I would guess it's just retried until both are online, and then you can
do the DTLS key agreement.  Is that right?