jami

Re: [Ring] Good news and questions about "rules.mak" files

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [Ring] Good news and questions about "rules.mak" files
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 09:59:31 -0300

More good news:

- Commit "6dd46e1d9ab3801a6c6e1aabaee74d066e12c5e1" of Corvusoft restbed
  has most of the patches that are needed for GNU+Linux. However, the
  exception so far is the "strand" patch.

- At least looking at current tree of asio, from commit
  "524288cb4fcf84664b3dc39cb4424c7509969b92", almost all the patches
  needed are already implemented, except for "no_tests_examples" patch.

Some suggestions:

- I have sent some of our current patches for pjsip/pjproject, but since
  I'm not the original author of the patches and they only take patches
  that were sent by the authors themselves, I think it's better for us
  to contribute to pjsip/pjproject in such way that the authors of the
  patches themselves send the patches. The first reply to my current
  attempt is at

[[http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2017-June/020030.html]]

Other important notes:

- Before building OpenDHT and Ring daemon (in this order), I had to
  change argon2 source files slightly such that "libargon2.pc" is made a
  symbolic link to "argon2.pc", otherwise, although OpenDHT is built,
  Ring daemon fails to recognize the existence of OpenDHT.

- Per the suggestions of previous Guix package maintainers (last
  suggestion from around mid 2016), I'm currently keeping the following
  change to "opendht.pc.in" file from OpenDHT source files: I add the
  "Requires: argon2" line to that file. Perhaps this is the cause for
  the failure described in the last item, but I'm not an experienced
  programmer, so I'll have investigate it.