Re: [Jailkit-users] Jail broken after jk_init perl and jk_cp logger

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Jail broken after jk_init perl and jk_cp logger
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 11:10:53 +0100

On 10-12-2020 10:51, Dimitri wrote:

Thanks Olivier,  I will need to give some thought to (a) what I installed back then, and (b) how best to document it in a way that I can remember down the road. I never thought I would need to keep the jail updated separately from the base OS.  (In fact, the jail was created under U14 but I'm now running U16.  lol)

The only remaining issues I'm having at the moment, is that whilst the jail is working, (a) when I list directories ( ls -lha ) I see the uid & gid instead of username and groupname, and (b) the user's name in the prompt shows as "I have no name!".

I'm not sure what's causing this as both the global and local passwd and group files have the correct information and permissions.  I'm wondering if this is happening as a result of version conflicts that were caused as part of my addition of Perl to the jail.  I'm doing a DIFF between a working jail and this jail to see if I can spot anything.  Failing that, I might need to rerun jk_init on all the things I've place into the jail.

the library that supports this functionality is named 'libnss'. You can check if all libnss* files from your system are available in the jail.

Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Blog http://oli4444.wordpress.com/