Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_lsh[7742]: cannot find user info for USER guest:

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_lsh[7742]: cannot find user info for USER guest: Success (2)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 20:45:23 +0100

On 09-01-19 20:12, John Pilkington wrote:
Hello again Olivier,

So I must be barking up the wrong tree because, further to my previous email, I find that scp works properly. For example  from remote console:
>address@hidden's password:
PM_prefs_public.R 100% 11KB 11.2 Kb/s 00:00

The last tracefile exits with 0. The sftp last tracefile exits with 4. So can I deduce that the problem with sftp lies in the last few lines of the last tracefile: Clearly my suggestion about  the paths is incorrect since the same lines appear in the scp tracefile:

that probably means that jk_lsh either fails to start sftp (for example, it cannot find the sftp binary, or libraries needed by sftp are missing), or it is not properly configured to allow the start of the sftp (in <jail>/etc/jk_lsh.ini). Is there anything in the logs from jk_lsh ? (you must have logging in the jail for this to work!!! see jk_socketd!)

Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Blog http://oli4444.wordpress.com/