Re: [Jailkit-users] mysql access within a jail

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] mysql access within a jail
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 21:26:08 +0200

On 26-05-16 14:49, Brian Platt wrote:
> I have installed myaql-server mysql-client what I need to be able to
> do is give jailed users an X amount of databases that can be created
> and also the ability to create databases, how would I go about this?

Mysql works completely independent from the jail. So just give the users
the commandline mysql client utility, and they can connect to mysql on
localhost. You cannot use the jail to limit what users can do with
mysql, since mysql runs outside the jail. It is not even aware these
users connect from within a jail.

Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Blog http://oli4444.wordpress.com/