Re: [Jailkit-users] Help me to jail firefox...

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Help me to jail firefox...
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 16:28:56 +0200

swapnil prajapati schreef op 19-07-15 07:12:
I have firefox on my machine but the jailed user cannot access the
firefox. Olease tell me how can i install firefox in the jail. I tried
downloading firefox tarball and uncompress->copy to jail directory but
it didnt work.

firefox has a lot of dependencies, try for example 'ldd /usr/bin/firefox' to see all libraries that it needs.

probably there are more files needed, you can use strace to find out which files are needed. There is a howto that describes this. Firefox is a complex program, so if this is the first program you are jailing it might be a bit too hard.