Re: [Jailkit-users] I need some help please....

From: Jeff Jennings
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] I need some help please....
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 08:36:17 -0500

any help in response to my last email? I am still stuck

-----Original Message----- From: Jeff Jennings
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:17 PM
To: address@hidden

use jk_init -j <jailpath> sftp

I did this and changed the shell back to: /usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh and still an
unable to ssh in due to the file server transfer could not be started

here's the message I go when executing the jk_init

address@hidden ~]# jk_init -j /home/jail sftp
Device /home/jail/dev/urandom does exist already
Device /home/jail/dev/null does exist already

well – in any event no biggie because I can login via ssh in now using
tecq and their password and get placed in that directory

my problem is that I want to give them full right to everything in this
(usr/local/websites/tecq)  ...  their home directory but when I ssh in
as them and try to copy a file I get the error:
get cannot create regular file ‘filename’ : permission denied.

how do I give them rights to this directory and still keep it owned by root?

if the users home directory needs to be owned by user root, and you want
to give him write access, change the group of the directory to some
group that the user is in, and make the directory group writable.

I did make the directory and all of it's sub directories and files owned by
group tecq

and when I login as tecq I do get placed in the proper directory but am
still unable to copy a file.

-bash-3.2$ ls -l *.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 1210 1205 7917 Jan 11 14:01 home.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  100 Dec 18 08:04 index.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 1210 1205   22 Jan  1 03:02 test.html
-bash-3.2$ cp home.html test1.html
cp: cannot create regular file `test1.html': Permission denied
-bash-3.2$

Jeff