Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit on CentOS 5.8 / Amazon EC2 / RightScale

From: SUN, Boyuan
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit on CentOS 5.8 / Amazon EC2 / RightScale
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 09:27:55 +0800

that's how i fixed jailkit on ubuntu 12.04 64bit;
you may check /var/log/auth.log, which reported lib files missing in my case, so i did the cp, and it worked.
just for your reference.

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 3:07 AM, John McGowan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 9:59 AM, SUN, Boyuan <address@hidden> wrote:
> try this in installation:
>
> wget http://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/jailkit-2.15.tar.bz2
> tar jxf jailkit-2.15.tar.bz2
> cd jailkit-2.15
> ./configure
> sed -i '41,42s/lpthread/pthread/g' src/Makefile
> make
> make install

I changed the Makefile and recompiled.

> and this afterwards:
>
> cp -r /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/* /home/jail/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

My distro doesn't have anything like that in /lib/

Am I missing a package that I need to have installed?

/John

> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM, John McGowan <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> I've been struggling with getting a chrooted user environment on an
>> Amazon ec2 instance with a Centos 5.8 image on the RightScale
>> management platform.
>>
>> At first I spent a bunch of time trying to get the
>> "make_chroot_jail.sh" script to work.  That wasn't going so well so I
>> decided to start from scratch with jailkit.  It seemed like it might
>> be a more recently maintained solution.
>>
>> So far I've gone through the simple "test" setup, with the exception
>> of a couple warnings about directory ownership, and a deprecated
>> jk_addjailuser call, everything went smoothly.
>>
>> I added my public key to the jailed users .ssh/authorized_keys file
>> and set proper ownershipt/permissions on those files.  But when I try
>> to login, it fails, and there's hardly anything in /var/log/messages
>> or /var/log/secure.
>>
>> When i try to login, all i see in the secure log is...
>>
>> Sep 22 10:13:51 ip-10-90-242-163 sshd[1589]: Connection closed by
>> 71.82.174.104
>>
>> Absolutely nothing shows up in /var/log/messages
>>
>> My ultimate goal here is to be able to provide users with
>> scp/rsync/ssh access to a subset of the filesystem.
>>
>> Any advice on how I can debug this or anybody know of any caveats in
>> working in the environment I'm in?
>>

>> /John

> --
> SUN, Boyuan