Re: [Jailkit-users] libz?

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] libz?
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 22:12:13 +0100

On 01/28/2012 12:06 PM, email builder wrote:
to the jail, it is pretty safe to assume that if you would re-create it with
jk_init and call jk_jailuser again that would create the same jail.

OK, I was scared of using jk_jailuser again because when I used
it originally, I used with the -m option, but that's a one-time action
because it moves the homedir.

if the homedir is inside the jail already jk_jailuser will detect this and will not touch the homedir.

I want to handle the homedir separately, because that's where
the userdata is I have to preserve.  So is there anything else
except etc/passwd and etc/group to worry about?

for the configuration that you describe that is all indeed.

What I did:

mv /jail /jail.old
jk_init /jail myjailconfig
cp -p /jail.old/etc/passwd /jail/etc