Re: [Jailkit-users] JailKit and Openbsd

From: Tony Ganino
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] JailKit and Openbsd
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:08:36 +1100

it seems the issue is with jkchrootsh

I setup a jail user /jail/./home/user but change the shell in passwd
from jk_chrootsh to sh to test and login OK then I run jkchootsh and get
transported to jail dir but am not jailed. Great. Then I change the
shell in passwd to jk_chrootsh logout and then try and login, it
authenticates but I get logged out again immediately.

authlog states tranporting to /jail dir and nothing else. I assume that
jk_chrootsh may no longer be compatible with security conscious openbsd.

ANy ideas. thanks in advance