Re: [Jailkit-users] ForwardAgent(?) issue

From: Christer Edwards
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] ForwardAgent(?) issue
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 07:27:26 -0600

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Olivier Sessink
<address@hidden> wrote:

> did it work outside the jail? (if you change jk_chrootsh to bash in the
> real /etc/passwd ?)

Yes, it works if the user is not confined within the jail. The main
reason I bring up the issue is that I use ForwardAgent quite
frequently and this is the only situation where it does not work.

It looks like the X11 Forwarding instructions on this page
[http://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/howtos_ssh_only.html]  may be
related. I suppose I can keep digging. I just assumed that this may
have come up previously.

My guess is that it's either:

1) an environment variable being stripped
2) the socket in /tmp not being available to pass through the agent

--
Christer Edwards