[Jailkit-users] JailKit and SFTP

From: Topher Fangio
Subject: [Jailkit-users] JailKit and SFTP
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:31:19 -0600

Hello all,

I am using JailKit and finally got everything setup like I wanted. I have read and
reread the article about using JailKit and scp/sftp but still seem to be having some
troubles. I can SSH into the jailed account and my primary (non-jailed) account
can SSH and SFTP, so I know I must be doing something wrong. Below is my
process for creating a new account:

    useradd testuser
    passwd testuser (enter a password)
    jk_init -v -j /home/jails/testuser/ sftp scp jk_lsh
    jk_jailuser -m -j /home/jails/testuser testuser

    Add the following to /home/jails/testuser/etc/jailkit/jk_lsh.ini

    [testuser]
    paths= /usr/bin, /usr/lib/
    executables= /usr/bin/scp, /usr/lib/sftp-server

    Add "AllowUsers testuser" (without quotes) to /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    Restart ssh using /etc/init.d/ssh restart

I am on a 64-bit virtual host (Rackspace) running Debian 5.0.3 (Lenny?)

Does anything I'm doing look obviously stupid or have I missed a step? Thanks
very much for your responses.
--
Topher Fangio

System Architect