[Jailkit-users] setup help

From: Peter Lauda
Subject: [Jailkit-users] setup help
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:03:03 -0400

Hi,

Ive been trying to get jailkit set up for a user to use sftp or scp only. Ive followed the steps outlined in the docs I get with the kit and everything seems to go as advertised.

After I run the jk_jailuser /some-jail/dir   /home/user   -  I restart the jk_socketd and try to test

I get /some-jail/dir/./home/user no such file or directory

I tried tweaking permissions because /var/log/messages seemed to indicate permission denied. I then get things like /some-jail/dir is not a safe chroot.

I know this is sparse info but has anyone seen this before and can help me with clues or solutions?

Thanks in advance. I looked through the archives for this and did not see anything that addressed it and google was no help.

--p