Re: [Jailkit-users] Adding a user to jail

From: Paul Mitchell
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Adding a user to jail
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:46:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, Paul Mitchell wrote:

WARNING: user pmitchel (11782) tried to get an interactive shell session (/usr/sbin/jk_lsh), which is never allowed by jk_lsh

This is confusing!

Note: I tried sftp and it allowed me to get and put a file! (I'll probably get scp to work as well, once I update the /home/jail/etc/jailkit/jk_lsh.ini file - the error was:

WARNING: user pmitchel (11782) tried to run 'scp -t drop', which is not allowed according to /etc/jailkit/jk_lsh.ini).

and my jk_lsh.ini is:

[pmitchel]
paths= /usr/lib/
executables= /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server, /usr/bin/scp, /usr/lib/sftp-server
allow_word_expansion = 0
umask = 002

sftp is the primary purpose of the jailkit on this server, so I'm pretty relieved. There is one more task, however:

It appears that one can create groups in jailkit - I have two sepearate users, both in the same department, which need to upload files into a common space.

We have a large amount of space NFS mounted from a SUN thumper, but it lies outside of the /home/jail directory. I imagine there's no method for making a soft or hard link to this space (since that would sort of defeat the idea of a jail). Should I just declare this space my jail?

Thanks for your help,

Paul
        Paul Mitchell
        Enterprise Systems
        email: address@hidden
        NOTE: new location: 440 Franklin, cubby 1213
        NOTE: new desk phone: 919 962-2521 (Is here!^)