Re: [Jailkit-users] Using "rootsh" with jailkit

From: Charley Marsh
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Using "rootsh" with jailkit
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:20:12 -0500

Thanks for the info and the fast response! Here's what I've done so far:

I logged in with the jailed user, then started editing a file in vim.
I found the PID of vim (26037).
I found the directory for PID 26037 in /proc, and it does have a link named root that points to /xjail.
I ran jk_list as root, and it still only lists the user "nobody" with the jail "user/sbin/jk_socketd".
Here is the line for this user in the etc - passwd file outside of the jail:

presley:x:704:704::/xjail/./home/presley:/usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh

And here is the etc - passwd line inside the jail:

presley:x:704:704::/home/presley:/bin/bash

I was attempting to lauch rootsh from the etc - profile file in the jail, but that particular program is complaining that it can't resolve which user launched it.
I don't know if this is what is causing this or not, but I am using pam_radius to authenticate users who login through SSH.
What do you think could be preventing jk_list from recognizing the user?