Re: [Jailkit-users] Some problems - SUPER NOOB!!

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Some problems - SUPER NOOB!!
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 23:07:02 +0100

Kaleb Joel Albee wrote:
> Kaleb,
>
> I am trying to use mysql with a jailed account.  However when I try to
> use mysql it reports an error of ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to
> local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)

you can connext to mysql over tcp/ip and over a unix domain socket
(slightly faster). /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock is the unix domain
socket. Obviously this socket is not available in the jail.

try to connect over tcp/ip (use host localhost) or use a 'bind mount' to
make the socket available in the jail

mount /var/run/mysqld /my/jail/var/run/mysqld -o bind

> Plus, I cant seem to be able to use jk_lsh.ini  It will automatically
> disconnect me.  It asks for a password and accepts it, but will log me off.

what is your setup, and what is in the logs?