[Jailkit-users] Jail permissions

From: Wendt, Barrett
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Jail permissions
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 08:35:47 -0500

I currently have Jailkit (scp/sftp) installed and working for individual users, very easy setup. The problem is that I have one user that needs access to all of the files uploaded by other jailed users. It is basically a batch job that logs in every 15 minutes and downloads any new files it finds in the jails.

I created a new group for this master user and changed the group permissions on all the jailed homes allow access for this group (770 permissions with SUID). Oh yeah and I set the following in the /etc/jailkit/jk_chrootsh.ini

[Jailed Username]
relax_home_group=1
relax_home_group_permissions=1

When I login in with the master user via scp/sftp and attempt to access the jailed home folders of the other users I receive a permissions denied error. I have gone as far as setting the jailed homes to 777 but still no luck.

Is there a way to accomplish this, what am I missing?

Thanks
Barrett Wendt