[Jailkit-users] Re: sftp and ssh to serve return different messages...

From: telecom1
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Re: sftp and ssh to serve return different messages...
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:51:26 -0500

Yes, I have the same config on server1 and server2
I am testing on each different server...

/usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh is set to run and set to 755 and I even
changed it to 777

It is there and yet it says it is

sftp> /usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh: No such file or directory

Warning: child process (/usr/local/bin/ssh2) exited with code 0.

Do I have to modify any config files for ssh2 ?

Also, what is the step by step process to add a new user?

If I run the following:

jk_jailuser -m -j /home/jailkit mike

It says :

user mike does not exist

Then I manually create a new user 'mike'

adduser mike

then I set a password for user mike

then I manually change the /etc/passwd file and /home/jailkit/etc/passwd files:

mike:x:1003:100::/home/jailkit/./home/mike:/usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh
mike:x:1003:100::/home/mike:/usr/sbin/jk_lsh

BUT 1003 and 100 are not what it created when I used adduser mike
It used 2001:2001 when I used adduser mike

So I changed everything to 2001

Then it didn't work...

Then I had to fix all the group files.... etc, etc. etc...

What is the best way to do this?

All files are present, and jailkit is installed correctly as well as Python 2.5.1

-Chris

----- Original Message ----- From: "Olivier Sessink" <address@hidden>