Re: [Jailkit-users] How to allow a user from outside of jail to access a

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] How to allow a user from outside of jail to access a folder inside the jail?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:34:48 +0100

Steven Mapes wrote:
I've setup a jail with restricted access which is working fine. My users can connect and SCP their data onto the server, however I've now hit upon a requirement that I'm stuck with and was hoping for some advise / tips.

My jail is /jailroot
I have a folder /jailroot/home/user1/upload which is symlinked to /tmp/jailshare/pickup

Perhaps I don't understand your requirements correctly. But every non-jailed process that has the permissions to access that folder can access it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I guess you're looking for a setup like this:

/jailroot/home/user1 is your users home directory
/jailroot/srv/upload is a directory accessible by user1 and webuser
user1 is jailed in /jailroot
webuser is a regular user

would that work?

I can access this find as root, but the problem is I need to have a cron running as the webservice that handles the files uploaded by the user.

and the cron process should run inside or outside the jail? what are the requirements for the cron process?

regards,