Re: [Jailkit-users] How to Jail Python Interpreter

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] How to Jail Python Interpreter
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:23:17 +0200

Gregory Piñero wrote:

Ok, that's worked out.  Thanks.  Now my next question.  I'm ultimately
trying to make a simple server/daemon to run code the clients send it
(safely) and return a string of the result.

So I want to bind to a socket (correct terminology?)  But I seem to be
getting denied.  Is there a permission or setting change I can make to
give this script access to a few ports?

two things:

1) ports below 1024 cannot be opened except by user root. Changing to user 'jailtest' effectively makes all ports <1024 unavailable.

2) for networking you probably need a little more files in the jail. Check the section 'netbasics' in jk_ini.ini (or simply run `jk_init -j /srv/jail_for_python/ netbasics`)

regards,