Re: [Jailkit-users] sftpg3 and jailkit issue

From: Corey Van Allen
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] sftpg3 and jailkit issue
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:33:02 -0600

Olivier Sessink wrote:
Corey Van Allen wrote:
I'm currently using 2.4 on this system. The log snippet was from the auth.log. Nothing in syslog. /dev/log does exist in the jail. Am I missing something?

sorry, never mind, I didn't look very well at the output. It's starting a plain shell, without any arguments. Either you need to find out if it can use *real* sftp mode, or you'll have to put a normal shell in the jail.

Olivier

No problem. I looked over what documentation I could find for sftpg3, but
didn't see a helpful flag. It seems to be a bad sftp implementation. Guess I'll
have to put a shell in there for them if I can't get them to change.

Thanks.

--
Corey