Re: [Jailkit-users] Installing all files from an rpm (or rpm -q --filesb

From: Bert_De_Ridder
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Installing all files from an rpm (or rpm -q --filesbypkg ???)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 07:19:02 +0200

I think you want to find out which files are being installed by an rpm on a regular system, right ?

to find out which packages are installed : rpm -qa

Then, to find out which files were originally in the rpm package :  (in this case mysql)

 rpm -ql mysql-server-4.1.11-2

If you have not yet installed the rpm, then query its contents like this :

rpm -qlp mysql-server-4.1.11-2.rpm

Check a package's dependencies :

rpm -qRp mysql-server-4.1.11-2.rpm

Hope that helps

Bert

Olivier Sessink <address@hidden>
Sent by: address@hidden

01/08/2007 23:36

Please respond to
address@hidden

address@hidden
cc
Subject
Re: [Jailkit-users] Installing all files from an rpm (or rpm        -q        --filesbypkg ???)

Anton Melser wrote:
> Hi (first post!),
> I have just found the wonderful jailkit. I spent ages looking for a
> tool like this, and then came back with the right google keywords and
> paff! Jailkit! Hurrah!
> Anyway, is there any way to get all the files installed by an rpm? I
> know this is pretty complicated, and in a way would mean providing an
> advanced interface to rpm (or apt, or whatever...) but I need to
> install apache + mod_php + the mysql client (for mysqlphp) into a
> chroot, and am finding it a little hard... Does anyone have any
> pointers on how I might be able to do this?

I don't really understand your question. do you want a jailkit rpm, or
you want to install a chroot using rpm's? in the latter case, the
'debootstrap' utility in Debian can create a chroot environment using
.deb packages. However, the chroot jail is fully equivalent to a real
system, so there is no security gain there.

> I would look at the code but alas, python is not one of my languages
> and it is a little daunting.
> My idea was to run two apaches (or maybe a squid and an apache) and
> have the chrooted apache run on a non-privileged port (redirected from
> normal apache or squid on port 80 for virtual host X), as the chroot
> user needs to be able to have full control over apache.

perhaps look into mod_chroot for apache. only the master process runs as
root on the normal system and listens on port 80, all children run in a
chroot.

you can run mysql in the same chroot jail. if you run mysql in a
different chroot jail you need to mount the directory where the mysql
socket is als in the apache chroot jail (using a 'bind' mount).

regards,