Re: [Jailkit-users] SFTP is working great. I want to enable SSL now.

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] SFTP is working great. I want to enable SSL now.
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 20:07:58 +0200

Tom Fortier wrote:
I want to allow users that do not have SFTP software to be able to
access the jailed material by using a web browser.

well, a web browser can usually do anonymous ftp and http and https. So you'll need a webserver then. Most webservers (for example apache) run as unprivileged user, so these webserver processes do not get access to files from users.. Jail or no jail, this is not easily done in a secure way.