Re: [Jailkit-users] Enable SFTP logging inside a jail

From: Juan Miguel Corral Cano
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Enable SFTP logging inside a jail
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:48:41 +0200

Juan Miguel Corral Cano escribió:
Olivier Sessink escribió:
Juan Miguel Corral Cano wrote:
Hello I am using SFTP in a chroot jail. I have enabled sftp logging of file transfers, and it works ok for non-jailed users, but doesn't work at all for jailed ones. I have configured a socket using jk_socketd, and jk_lsh makes the logging perfectly. Anybody knows what else must I do so SFTP logging works also for jailed users, as jk_lsh does?

hmm funny that it doesn't work.. can you figure it out using 'strace' what is missing to get sftp to do logging?

Hi. I have used strace and figured out all the files that were opened by a non-jailed user logging into sftp. I have copied all of these files into the jail, but still don't have sftp logging. I just get two messages from jk_lsh, so i suppose the socket is working.
Any ideas on what else could I look in the strace output?