Re: [Jailkit-users] chroot Jail for Python

From: Gregory Piñero
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] chroot Jail for Python
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 13:20:00 -0400

On 6/5/07, Olivier Sessink <address@hidden> wrote:
just move into the jailkit directory, and run `autoconf && ./configure
&& make`
than run as root 'make install'
that will give you the latest jailkit development version

I'll do this on my home computer to test it.  When I'm ready to move
it to my web host (I don't have root access), can I still build, etc
it there?  Any advice on that?

> So are you saying using this will let a process running under a
> regular user spawn new jailed processes, never requiring a root user?

indeed, see `man jk_uchroot`

I saw a program called "fakechroot"
(http://fakechroot.alioth.debian.org/), would this make that
uneccesary then?  Would you say jk_uchroot does the same thing?

-Greg