Re: [Jailkit-users] chroot Jail for Python

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] chroot Jail for Python
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 21:14:34 +0200

Gregory Piñero wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to a create some way for a Python program being run by a
user with normal permissions to spawn new Python processes, and have
those new processes be in a chroot jail.

Is this something I can set up with jailkit?  Would you mind
explaining how to do it a bit?

in the development tree there is a new utility jk_uchroot that can be used to do a chroot call for a regular user with normal permissions in a safe way (and start something inside that jail). However, that is only a small buildingblock for your request.

But it could be used for your purpose.

I comitted a manual page for the new utility a few days ago, so you can retrieve that from the subversion repository.

regards,