Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_init errors in OS X 10.4

From: Gregory German
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_init errors in OS X 10.4
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 16:41:25 -0700

HI again,

So now I'm using the latest version of jailkit and have gotten around the ownership problems, but I'm still having problems with jk_init. Here's what happens:

$ sudo jk_init testjail sftp scp
could not read source file /etc/host.conf
could not read source file /etc/nsswitch.conf
mknod: invalid major number
could not read source file /etc/host.conf
could not read source file /etc/nsswitch.conf
copying/linking /usr/bin/scp to testjail/usr/bin/scp
mknod: invalid major number

The file etc/host.conf doesn't seem to exist in OS X, though there is a file called etc/hostconfig. And likewise, there is no etc/ nsswitch.conf or anything like it. I have no idea what the mknod error is about.

Has anyone gotten this to work on OS X? What I thought was going to be a simple project is turning into quite a headache!

Thanks,

Greg