[Jailkit-users] Suse 64bit SFTP problem

From: Jere Retzer
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Suse 64bit SFTP problem
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:06:52 -0800

I'm now working on my target Suse machine, which uses 64bit linux having worked
out the bugs on a test machine, which uses 32 bit linux

I'm able to get the user into the jail, as reflected in my messages log but the
session immediately terminates. When I use WinSCP, for example to test with the
server it says "Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP
server?" Here are (edited) messages from localhost:

Accepted keyboard-interactive/pam for [username] from 127.0.0.1 port 52188 ssh2
subsystem request for sftp
now entering jail /home/[jail] for user [username] (1003)
jk_lsh version 2.3, started
cannot find user name for uid 1003: Success

I've discovered that the path for the sftp-server is different from the 32b to
the 64b Suse, where the executable is in /usr/lib64/ssh/sftp-server
I'm wondering if there are some associated files that need to get copied for
the sftp-server to run.

Thanks again for your help