RE: [Jailkit-users] closed connection for sftp in a chrooted jail

From: Russ Lavoie
Subject: RE: [Jailkit-users] closed connection for sftp in a chrooted jail
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:08:58 -0600

Here we go.  I only got this output once, but here is what I got.  I
can't reproduce this output.  I tried creating a new user to no avail.
One and only debug report :(

jk_chrootsh, started
close filedescriptors
get user info
got user mike2
get group info
get additional groups
got additional groups 508,
no relevant section found in configfile
LANG is NOT in except
LOGNAME is NOT in except
PATH is NOT in except
SHELL is NOT in except
SSH_CONNECTION is NOT in except
TERM is NOT in except
get jaildir
dir=/var/ftp/mike2/./home/mike2,jaildir=/var/ftp/mike2,newhome=/home/mik
e2
get chdir()
test paths
chroot()
got /home/mike2 as pw_dir
/usr/sbin/jk_lsh: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6:
Connection to localhost closed.

Libc.so.6 is located inside the jail at this location.
/var/ftp/lib/i686/nosegneg/libc.so.6

I also copied libc.so.6 to /var/ftp/lib as well to see if that would fix
it up.  It did not.

Just and FYI, I followed the following "How to" when I set this up
(works on 4.2 ssh servers but nothing past 4.3 for Fedora releases).

http://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/howtos_sftp_scp_only.html

Russ