Re: [Jailkit-users] Two Jailed accounts, one location

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Two Jailed accounts, one location
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:04:10 +0200

Kevin L. Aleshire wrote:
> The easiest way to ask the questions, it to explain my ideal scenario.
>
> I would like all of my users who login through SFTP only be jailed to
> their own user folder.
> Let's say we have John, Jane, Jim, and Jack.
>
> John and Jane work in my agency and will be using their SFTP accounts to
> send files to various other agencies.
> Jim works for Agency A and Jack works for Agency B.
>
> Each one will have their own jailed accounts and John and Jane will need
> to upload/download various files to various agencies.  John and Jane
> will have symlinks to Jim's folder and Jack's folder.

that means that John, Jane and Jim and Jack will have to be in the same
chroot jail, otherwise the target directory for the symlink does not
exist inside the jail..

A good way to make files available in multiple chroot jails on Linux is
to use a 'bind mount'. mount /my/dir /chroot/jail/other/dir -o bind

> During my trials and have all folders and symlinks set to the same group
> and all users are on the same group.  I have changed permissions all
> over the place, but keep receiving permission denied errors.

the cvs version has several new options for jk_chrootsh to relax
permissions on folders. It will be released soon. Please check the
archives of the list, I recently explained how the new options work.

regards,