[Jailkit-users] Two Jailed accounts, one location

From: Kevin L. Aleshire
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Two Jailed accounts, one location
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:43:27 -0700

The easiest way to ask the questions, it to explain my ideal scenario.

I would like all of my users who login through SFTP only be jailed to
their own user folder.
Let's say we have John, Jane, Jim, and Jack.

John and Jane work in my agency and will be using their SFTP accounts to
send files to various other agencies.
Jim works for Agency A and Jack works for Agency B.

Each one will have their own jailed accounts and John and Jane will need
to upload/download various files to various agencies.  John and Jane
will have symlinks to Jim's folder and Jack's folder.

Jim and Jack will only upload/download various files to their respective
folders.

In the future their will be addition agencies and John and Jane will
have more symlinks to those folders.

Hope this makes sense.
Can this be done?

During my trials and have all folders and symlinks set to the same group
and all users are on the same group.  I have changed permissions all
over the place, but keep receiving permission denied errors.

Kevin Aleshire, MCP
Health Information Systems Analyst
Klamath Co. Mental Health
3314 Vandenberg Road
Klamath Falls, OR. 97603
541-882-7291 Ext 242
address@hidden

The materials in this e-mail are private to Klamath County Mental Health
and its intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s)
be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution
or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in
error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone at
541-882-7291 or by return email and promptly delete this message.