Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_init, jk_cp, and Gentoo /lib64 & UID does not hav

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_init, jk_cp, and Gentoo /lib64 & UID does not have a name on RHEL ES 3 - AMD64
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 19:01:19 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

Hi,

I got errors over the last few days after installing jailkit 64bit on a RHEL ES3 AMD64 bit server too.

The error message I was getting was as follows;

*jk_lsh[5342]: uid 502 or gid 505 does not have a name*

Oliver, you mentioned in your reply that the user 502 must not have been mentioned in /etc/passwd, so I checked all of this but
everything was correct.

In the end, it turned out to be that files were missing from the /lib64 directory, '/lib/64/libnss_files*. It would appear that not all library files are copied over with the jk_init program, so I used jk_cp again to chroot directory from source and then it worked fine.

that is possible indeed, jk_init has defaults for the /lib/libnss* files, but indeed not for /lib/64/ or other places where libraries could be installed. libnss_ libraries are plugins, so ldd doesn't report them.

are those directories on all 64bit platforms the same? then I could add them to jk_init.ini

regards,