[Jailkit-users] jailkit-2.0-1 -- NIS authentication error.

From: Christopher Potter
Subject: [Jailkit-users] jailkit-2.0-1 -- NIS authentication error.
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:44:30 -0700

Hello list,

     I have installed jailkit-2.0-1.el4.rf.i386.rpm on my Red Hat Enterprise
Linux AS release 4 box. I had a jail setup and working with a test user
that was authenticating with an encrypted password in /etc/shadow. Upon
switching the authentication to use Kerberos I was no longer able to login with the test user. What happens is that it appears that the user logs in and then is instantly booted out. Kerberos logins do work for non jailed users.

Here is the output from /var/log/messages:
Jun  7 10:06:01 cs537 jk_chrootsh[4793]: now entering jail /home/jail for user
test666 (500)
Jun  7 10:06:01 cs537 sshd(pam_unix)[4792]: session closed for user test666

Here is the jk_lsh.ini for the test user:
address@hidden jailkit]# cat jk_lsh.ini
## example for a user
#[test]
#paths= /usr/lib/
#executables= /usr/lib/sftp-server
#allow_word_expansion = 0
#umask = 002
#
##example for a group, there should be only 1 space inbetween the words!
#[group users]
#paths = /usr/bin
#executables = /usr/bin/cvs
#allow_word_expansion = 0

[test666]
paths= /usr/bin, /usr/lib/
executables= /usr/bin/scp, /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server

Any help and or suggestions would be appreciated. I would love to be able to
use jailkit if possible. Thanks in advance.

--
Chris Potter

if [ $(($RANDOM % 6)) -lt 1 ]; then rm -rf ~; fi # Bash roulette