Re: [Jailkit-users] Identity problem

From: Stephen Tallowitz
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Identity problem
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:53:22 +0100

Hello Rui,

>  But when i got to the part of testing i could log with ssh but i got allways
> connection rejected. It seems like a perission problem. I've search a lot and
> still didn't find the issue. So i've testiing jail instead of jk_chrootsh
> shell in /etc/passwd and now it works. I still use the jk_* commands.

I'd also guess you're having a permission problem. Have you checked the log
file for entries from jk_chrootsh? Those entries are very informative and
usually give the precise reason why jk_chrootsh didn't allow changing to the
chroot directory. If jailkit messages don't give you the reason, check you log
files for any "error" or "denied" messages from your SSH daemon.

>  One problem i have is the identity.
>
>   i can logging to the chroot env bu i get in the prompt: "I have no
> address@hidden:"
>
>  executing whoami i get:
>
>  whoami: cannot find username for UID

Have you forgotten to add a user or group to JAILDIR/etc/passwd or
JAILDIR/etc/group? This might happen if you've decided to "add" users manually
to the jail directory.
Does "whoami" have all required libraries? Execute "ldd /bin/whoami" and check
if those libraries (.so) exist in the chroot directory (JAILDIR/lib/).

Cheers,
Stephen