jailkit-dev

[Jailkit-dev] owner restriction

From: Pas
Subject: [Jailkit-dev] owner restriction
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 01:51:38 +0100

Hello!

ISP Config has Jailkit support, but it doesn't chown the directory to the user, but leaves it owned by root. (Which is fine, the user has a few directories owned by itself.)

So I was a bit suprised to find that this is quite a showstopper, but then rejoiced when found this old thread ( http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/jailkit-dev/2009-08/threads.html ), but then again found myself between a rock (tinkering with ISPConfig's PHP) and "forking" jailkit.

At least, if I correctly interpret the source, as in, it still needs target uid to own the target dir.

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/jailkit/src/jk_chrootsh.c?root=jailkit&view=log uses testsafepath which at 1.19 is still very strict
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/jailkit/src/jk_lib.c?revision=1.19&root=jailkit&view=markup

Do you have any ideas about this?

Thanks,