info-sweater

[Info-sweater] draconian gamut

From: Oswald Delgado
Subject: [Info-sweater] draconian gamut
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:01:25 +0100

But they did not come, and at last Peter did. From his pocket he took a sheet of notepaper.
Its the way to talk to you, my lads, I said. Anyhow, we could hold it longenough, I thought, to give Arcoll time to turn up. If you dont agreeto that, then youll jolly well stand out, and Ill take it onmyself.
If I thought as you say Idid I made a howling mistake and I grovel in apologies. For his boys had been too slow over thejob of scattering into the woods.
Hehad cut an odd enough figure at Hanham, but in London he was cleanout of the picture.
I called Peter up beside me, and hiseyes, sharp as a berghaans, examined the reinforcements.
Youre a good fellow, Hannay, he said, and you mean well. It is true that they have no guns, but veryangry men can do much with knobkerries and axes.
Then youve seen a ghost, I replied; for he is dead. But they did no mischief, forthey were playing a bigger game.
For his boys had been too slow over thejob of scattering into the woods.
After that he was to have afirst-class business education and learn how to handle big affairs. You neednt worry about the Moonlight Sonata stuff,for I put nothing on that.
But whatimpressed me most was Peters view.
I tried as usual to put the common sense of it. I couldnt get tosleep last night for trying to remember it.
But there was nothing in the old Haraldsen business to hurt yourcredit, I said. But they did no mischief, forthey were playing a bigger game.