info-stow

Re: [Info-stow] [Stow-devel] GNU Stow 2.2.2 released

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Info-stow] [Stow-devel] GNU Stow 2.2.2 released
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 19:51:17 +0000

On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 08:05:12AM +0300, Jean Louis wrote:
> Thank you. I did that, I could build it, and not install it. It
> requires texi2html which it does not check during configure. And I
> have it not, it is not part of texinfo distribution that I know.

It is part of the Texinfo source repository:

  http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/trunk/texi2html/?root=texinfo

although apparently no longer maintained:

  http://www.nongnu.org/texi2html/

and not included in the Texinfo distribution.

Despite that, some distributions do include it within their texinfo
packages, e.g.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Leap:42.2/texinfo/texinfo.spec?expand=1

from which you can see that the separate distributions are still
available, but have not been updated since 2010:

  http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/texi2html

However there is a partially compatible drop-in replacement which is a
simple wrapper around texi2any:

http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/trunk/util/texi2html?root=texinfo&view=markup

Perhaps I need to convert the build process to use that.  I have no
idea how well it would work right now.