info-nano

Re: [Info-nano] [Nano-devel] [poll] which features would you like to see

From: Trevor Brown
Subject: Re: [Info-nano] [Nano-devel] [poll] which features would you like to see in nano?
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 07:33:41 -0600

On 11 July 2015 at 00:49, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> a)  Delete a word leftward / delete a word rightward.

+0 Seems like something I wouldn't use. But if there was a 'move the cursor one word left/right' then maybe

> b)  Spell check from the current cursor position instead of the whole file.

+0 I never use spell check

> d)  Save the current file without any prompting (if it has a name).

-1 Seems dangerous not to ask. I actually like normal nano behavior because it helps prevent accidental overwrite of files

> f)  An option to save a file by default in Unix format.

-1 I thought this was already there?

Come on guys (and girls, if there are any)!  Surely you have
an opinion on some of these things.

There is still one more week to make comments.

> The relevant bugs or messages that contain the patch:
> a) https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32803
> b) https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44352
> c) https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2015-04/msg00033.html
> d) https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8208