[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Wed, 7 Nov 2018 23:18:31 +0100
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.0
I'll be preparing a 4.0.20 release shortly, which will merge the most
recently contributed patches and bug reports:
- initialize directory entries to 0
- bad message "Too few sectors" replaced with "Too many sectors"
- apostrophe in mlabel no longer causes generation of long entry
- option to fake system date for file creation using the
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH environment variables
- can now be compiled with "clang" compiler
- fallback function for strndup, for those platforms that don't have it
- fixed a number of -Wextra warnings
- new compressed archive formats for uz/lz
- allow to specify number of reserved sectors for FAT32.
- file/device locking with timeout (rather than immediate failure)
- fixed support for BPB-less legacy formats.
- removed check that disk must be an integer number of tracks.
- removed .eh/.oh macros from manual pages
I made a pre-release with these changes, which may be downloaded from
A small note about SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH: I made two changed to that patch:
1. The patch used to leave sharedNow uninitialized if SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH
was faulty (i.e. not a number, or characters appended after number). I
changed this so that it falls back to initializing it with the system
time in such a case.
2. feature is disabled if mtools is installed setuid root
Could you please have a look to make sure I didn't overlook anything
obvious :-) ?
If all goes well, I'll be making a firm release on Sunday.