info-mtools

Re: [Mtools] Reading label from a large capacity memory card

From: Simon Large
Subject: Re: [Mtools] Reading label from a large capacity memory card
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:54:01 -0000

Alain Knaff wrote:
> Simon Large wrote:
>> address@hidden:~/target/mtools> make -s
>> llong.c:12:2: warning: #warning "The following warnings about integer
>> overflow in expression can be safely ignored"
>
> Just one thing: this message should no longer occur with current
> versions of mtools.
>
> So, could you doublecheck whether the other problem (big disk...)
> still occurs with current versions?

First problem is that it won't build straight away.

charsetConv.c line 31 has
#ifdef HAVE_ICONV_H
#include <iconv.h>

But line 23 already included iconv.h unconditionally anyway, and I don't
have it.

Comment out line 23 and it builds as expected.

Then when I run it I get:
Mtools has not been correctly compiled
Recompile it using a more recent compiler

I'm getting sizeof(struct vfat_subentry) coming out at 64 instead of 32,
so the structure packing is different somehow.

In vfat.h I change the definition of struct unicode_char back to the way
it was in 3.9.11
struct unicode_char {
        unsigned char lchar;
        unsigned char uchar;
} PACKED;

Now I can build and run the code again.

And the final answer is ... Big disks not supported on this architecture
:-(

Simon