info-mtools

Re: [Mtools] mtools 3.9.11 failed to compile on Solaris 9, workarounds

From: Alain Knaff
Subject: Re: [Mtools] mtools 3.9.11 failed to compile on Solaris 9, workarounds
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 12:01:41 +0200

Thanks for the note, these are now fixed in today's patch (20070601)

Alain

Zube wrote:
mtools 3.9.11 does not compile on Solaris 9. I used:
./configure --disable-floppyd

for my attempt.  Two workarounds are needed:

1) The configure script does this in config.h:

/* #undef HAVE_GETOPT_H */

That works ok until it tries to compile mclasserase.c, which has the line:

#include "getopt.h"

so the compile fails.  Commenting out that line allows the compile to
continue.

2) The configure script also does this in config.h:

/* #undef HAVE_HTONS */

even though Solaris has htons(). During the link, it tries to find myhtons() which doesn't seem to be defined anywhere.

Changing the line to:

#define HAVE_HTONS 1

in config.h allows the whole thing to compile. Haven't tested it yet, however.

Cheers,
Zube