info-mtools

[mtools] mtools with Konqueror interface

From: Santonier family
Subject: [mtools] mtools with Konqueror interface
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:41:39 +0100

Hello,

I'm using mtools to access my USB key "gently" with Linux (otherwise files get erased when the key is close to full).

It works fine with the command line. Example:
mcopy u:/file.pdf ~/tmp/file.pdf
where mtools.conf contains
drive u: file="/dev/sdc1"

*but* if I use Konqueror and point it to "floppy:/u", and I drag and drop a file from the Usb key (u:) to my ~/tmp directory, it gets corrupted while keeping the exact same size. More precisely it seems that it get byte-swapped (on the first bytes at least?).

This Konqueror interface to mtools used to work on the versions of mtools and Konqueror I had on my Mandrake Linux 8.2, and it nio longer works with the vesions that come with Mandrake Linux 10.1 (mtools 3.9.9 and KDE 3.2).

Help appreciated.
Best regards,

   Laurent.